This tournament was first held in 2013 and ideally coincides with the last day of Festa Italiana, an Italian American festival in Milwaukee, though this timing is not always possible. The tournament name is a reference to the Italian version of a similar game called Bocce that we DO NOT play on the greens at Lake Park. Some key differences are:
shape of the balls – sphere vs. round with a bias
delivery method of the balls – throwing/lofting vs. rolling
playing surface – compact crushed stone vs. grass
playing area – court with side walls vs. rink with open sides
While participants do not play Bocce, they do enjoy an Italian meal in addition to Bowls. Participants sign up as individuals and the tournament director will assign teams. Teams earns points based on whether they win/lose and by how much each game. At the end of the play, the top scoring team is declared the tournament winner and will have their names engraved on a trophy in the clubhouse.
- Date: Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Entry fee: none, but $ will be collected for pizza meal
- Draw Time: 11:30 AM
- Start Time: 12:00 PM
- Attire: Colors of the Italian flag: red, white, and green
- Tournament Director: Mark Mathwig
- Must be a member of MLPLBA.
- Sign-up on the appropriate form in the clubhouse or by contacting the tournament director.
- Deadline: Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Carl Landgren and Margie Knitter