This tournament was started in 1971 by Sydney Steller of the Lake Park Ladies Auxiliary. We do not know the original name of the Invitational, but it was renamed the Sydney Steller Invitational in 1984. It was traditionally held Labor Day weekend, but now is held around that time of the year. Unlike other club tournaments, it is open to MLPLBA members and other Bowls USA members. It is also women-only (unless we can’t get enough players, then we merge with the Otto Hess Invitational being held concurrently.) Participants may sign up as teams or as individuals, in which case the tournament director will assign teams. Teams earns points based on whether they win/lose and by how much each game. At the end of the play, the top scoring team is declared the tournament winner and will have their name engraved on a plaque in the clubhouse.
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2017
- Entry fee: $5
- Draw Time: 8:30 AM
- Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Attire: Whites or matching team uniform
- Tournament Director: TBD
- Must be a member of MLPLBA or Bowls USA.
- Must be female.
- Sign-up on the appropriate form in the clubhouse or by contacting the tournament director. If you are not a member of MLPLBA, please contact us here.
- Deadline: Thursday, September 7, 2017
- Pat Wimmer, Rebecca Nguyen, Min Waite, Glorianne Mather