At MLPLBA, a pot licker is a bowler who is hungry for a win, no matter how out of shape or practice they are. The Potlicker tournament is the first highly competitive tournament of the season. Participants determine their own pairs teams. The entry fee goes towards the cash prize (pot) which is awarded to the winners. The first place team receives 50% of the total pot. Teams earn points based on whether they win or lose and by how much each game. At the end of tournament play, the top-scoring team is declared the winner and will have their names engraved on the Potlicker trophy in the MLPLBA clubhouse.
2021 Tournament Information
- Date: Saturday, June 12 & Sunday, June 13
- Format: Pairs, three 14-end games Saturday and up to three 14-end games on Sunday.
- Entry fee:$60 per team (please bring entry fee in cash on Saturday)
- Draw Time: Sat June 12 at 8:00 AM
- Start Time: Sat June 12 at 8:15 AM
- Attire: Matching team uniforms
- Tournament Director: Jim Grzybowski
- Must be a member of MLPLBA or Bowls USA or World Bowls.
- Sign-up by contacting Jim Grzybowski at email@example.com
- Deadline: Thursday, June 10, 2021