A pot licker is literally one who licks the bottom of the pot for leftovers to avoid starvation or poverty. At MLPLBA, a pot licker is a bowler who is hungry for a win, no matter how out of shape or practice they are. The Potlicker tournament is the first competitive tournament of the season. Participants determine their own teams. There is an entry fee, which goes towards the cash prize (pot) that is awarded to the winners. Teams earn points based on whether they win/lose and by how much each game. At the end of the play, the top scoring team is declared the tournament winner and will have their names engraved on a trophy in the clubhouse.
2021 Tournament Information
- Date: Saturday, June 12 & Sunday, June 13
- Format: Pairs, three 14-end games Saturday and up to three 14-end games on Sunday.
- Entry fee: $64/team
- Draw Time: 7:30 AM
- Start Time: 8:00 AM
- Attire: Whites or matching team uniforms
- Tournament Director: TBD
- Must be a member of MLPLBA or Bowls USA or World Bowls.
- Sign-up using the POTLICKER entry form or by contacting the tournament director.
- Deadline: Sunday, May 30, 2021
Bob Schneider and Brian Schieble