The Veteran/Novice Tournament teams up veterans (more than 2 years of lawn bowls experience) with novices (2 years or less of lawn bowls experience). It is a fun day and an excellent way for our novice bowlers to gain tournament experience. Inspired by the Veteran/Novice tournament played at Jefferson Park in Seattle, WA, we started playing our version in 2011. Participants may sign up as a team (veteran, novice) or as individuals, in which case the tournament director will assign teams. Teams earn points based on whether they win/lose and by how much each game. At the end of the play, the top-scoring team is declared the tournament winner.
2021 Tournament Information
- Date: Saturday, September 25
- Entry fee: $7
- Draw Time: 8:30 AM
- Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Attire: Whites or matching team uniforms
- Tournament Director: TBD
- Must be a member of MLPLBA.
- Sign-up on the appropriate form in the clubhouse or by contacting the tournament director.
- Deadline: Thursday, September 16
Pool A winners – Jim Grzybowski / Barb Blaney
Pool B winners – Mark Mathwig / Pam Freund (guest)