This triples tournament was started in 1963 by the Milwaukee Lawn Bowling Association. It was originally named the Milwaukee Invitational, but later was renamed the Otto Hess Invitational in 1984. Otto Hess was an active member from 1934 to the late 1980’s. It was traditionally held Labor Day weekend, but is now held around that time of the year. Unlike other club tournaments, it is open to MLPLBA members and other Bowls USA members and is a mens-only tournament. If there is a low number of participants, then we merge with the Sydney Steller Invitational being held concurrently. Participants may sign up as triples teams or as individuals and in the latter case, the tournament director will assign teams. Teams earn points based on whether they win or lose and by how much in each game. At the end of play, the top scoring team is declared the tournament winner and will have their name engraved on a plaque in the clubhouse.
2023 Tournament Information
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Entry fee: $15 cash in advance of the tournament
- Draw Time: 8:30 AM
- Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Attire: Matching team colors or uniforms
- Tournament Director: Jim Grzybowski at: email@example.com
- Must be a male member of MLPLBA or Bowls USA.
- Teams are limited to a maximum of two skip-experienced participants and must include one lead-level member per team
- Register by contacting tournament director, Jim Grzybowski at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: Thursday, September 7, 2023
First Place: Nick Schneider, Rob Behncke, Bob Schneider
Champion – Rob Behncke / Mark Mathwig / Pat Cronin
Champions: Bob Schneider, Joe Zinna, Scott Lehmann