This tournament was started in 1963 by the Milwaukee Lawn Bowling Association. It was originally named the Milwaukee Invitational, but renamed the Otto Hess Invitational in 1984. (Otto Hess was an active member from 1934 to the late 1980’s.) It was traditionally held Labor Day weekend but now is held around that time of the year. Unlike other club tournaments, it is open to MLPLBA members and other Bowls USA members. It is also men-only (unless we can’t get enough players, then we merge with the Sydney Steller Invitational being held concurrently.) Participants may sign up as teams or as individuals, in which case the tournament director will assign teams. Teams earn points based on whether they win/lose and by how much each game. At the end of the play, the top scoring team is declared the tournament winner and will have their name engraved on a plaque in the clubhouse.
2021 Tournament Information
- Date: Saturday, September 11
- Entry fee: $17
- Draw Time: 8:30 AM
- Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Attire: Whites or matching team uniform
- Tournament Director: TBD
- Must be a member of MLPLBA or Bowls USA.
- Must be male.
- Sign-up on the appropriate form in the clubhouse or by contacting the tournament director. If you are not a member of MLPLBA, please contact us here.
- Deadline: Thursday, September 9
Champion – Rob Behncke / Mark Mathwig / Pat Cronin