This triples tournament was started in 1971 by Sydney Steller of the Lake Park Ladies Auxiliary. The original name of the Invitational is unknown, but it was renamed the Sydney Steller Invitational in 1984. It was traditionally held Labor Day weekend, but is now held around that time of the year. Unlike other club tournaments, it is open to MLPLBA members and other Bowls USA members and is a womens-only, tournament. If there is a low number of participants, then we merge with the Otto Hess Invitational being held concurrently. Participants may sign up as triples teams or as individuals and in the latter case, the tournament director will assign teams. Teams earn points based on whether they win or lose and by how much in each game. At the end of play, the top scoring team is declared the tournament winner and will have their name engraved on a plaque in the clubhouse.
2023 Tournament Information
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Entry fee: $15 cash in advance of the tournament
- Draw Time: 8:30 AM
- Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Attire: Matching team colors or uniforms
- Tournament Director: Anna Witt & Rebecca Nguyen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be a female member of MLPLBA or Bowls USA or Social Fours.
- Teams are limited to a maximum of two skip-experienced participants and must include one lead-level member per team
- Register by contacting tournament organizer Jim Grzybowski at: email@example.com
- Deadline: Thursday, September 7, 2023
First Place: Beth Kinsella, Bizzy Schultz, Barb Blaney